Das MPI auf der EASA-Konferenz in Stockholm
6. August 2018
Das Programm der EASA-Konferenz finden Sie hier.
Am Mittwoch, 15. August findet eine Veranstaltung statt, auf die wir besonders aufmerksam machen möchten.
Facilitating Anthropological Outreach: A Database?
Wednesday, 15th of August 2018, 17:00 – 18:45
Södra Huset, Hörsal 4-B4, Stockholm University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
We warmly invite participants to discuss the viability of a ‘European Directory of Social Anthropologists’ (EDSA), an outreach platform being developed by the European Association of Social Anthropologists (EASA) and the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology. Employing a “world-café” format and including presentations from three discussants, the event aims to explore under what conditions such instrument can be set up and managed, taking into account the theoretical, ethical and logistical hazards that anthropology often encounters when going public. The database should offer a service, not a disservice to anthropology. Please http://web.eth.mpg.de/edsa for an extended overview of the event, questions and discussants. Do not hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Organisers and Convenors:
Prof. Thomas Hylland Eriksen (University of Oslo)
Prof. Marie-Claire Foblets (Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology)
- Professor Anthony Good (The University of Edinburgh)
- Professor Sylvie Fainzang (French Institute of Health and Medical Research – INSERM)
- Dr. Guma Kunda Komey (University of Bahri)
- Dr. Brian Campbell (Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology)
- Dr. Maria Kartveit (University of Oslo)
- Dr. des. Timm Sureau (Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology)