Since January 2019
Ph.D candidate, Department 'Law & Anthropology', Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, Halle/Saale, Germany.
LLM, University College Dublin, Ireland. Thesis Challenges to regulation of sexuality in Iran.
National Bar Exam, Central Bar Association of Tehran, Iran.
LLM, Criminal Law and Criminology, University of Mazandaran, Iran. Thesis Restorative justice for juvenile delinquency.
LL.B., University of Tehran, Iran.
Ph.D candidate, Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg, i.Br., Germany.
Research fellow, Department of Near and Middle Eastern Studies, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Project Gender and sexuality under the Iran and Pakistan penal code.
Visiting researcher, Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg i.Br., Germany.
Intern in Woman’s aid organization, Malaysia.
Lawyer and legal consultant, Bayane Emrooz Law Firm, Iran.
Lecturer, Principles of Criminal Justice, Shahre Quds Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
Lecturer, Juvenile Delinquency, Shahre Quds Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
Researcher, the High Council of Judicial Development, the Iranian Judiciary; prevention of crime committee. Project Participation of Iranian Civil Society in the Prevention of Crime.
Executive manager of legal Department, Raahi Institute (Legal service center for women in criminal and family cases), Tehran, Iran.
Attorney at law, Tehran, Iran, specialized in criminal cases (sexual harassment, domestic violence, rape, and murder), family cases (divorce, maintenance, inheritance, filiation) and political cases (crimes against national security, confiscation of property, politically motivated killing).
Researcher, High Council of Judicial Development, Iranian Judiciary. Projects Participation of Civil Society in criminal law process and Journalists' Code of ethic in covering criminal incidents.
Researcher, Institute of Criminal Law & Criminology Studies, University of Tehran, Iran. Project Capital Punishment and Long Term Imprisonment for Drug-Related Offenses.
Lectures and Talks
• Visiting lecturer, Human Rights Advocacy in Iran: A Practitioner’s Account, Elite Graduate Program " "Standards of Decision-Making Across Cultures (SDAC), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), Germany
• Visiting lecturer, women rights movement in Iran; Strategies, barriers, achievement, Department of near middle eastern studies, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Legal Pluralism and minority women in Iran, 4th Annual Conference of the law and Development Research Network (LDRN), Humboldt-Universität, Germany
• Visiting lecturer, Dispute regulation mechanism in minority communities in England and Canada, Department of Administrative and Procedural Law, Valencia University, Spain.
• Talk Sexual crimes in Iran in view of the fundamental procedural rights, Seminar "Gender equality and sustainability: the main challenges of the society", Department of Administrative and Procedural Law, Valencia University, Spain.
Visiting lecturer in the course of gender and Islam, women’s rights in Iran, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Talk The New Iranian Penal Code: traditionalist versus modern approaches, Islamic Criminal Law Conference, Istanbul Medeniyet University and Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University, Turkey.
Talk The role of the Iranian women’s rights movement in criminal proceedings, Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg i.Br., Germany.
Talk Civil Society and police cooperation in juvenile cases, Conference on police and juvenile justice, organized by UNICEF and the Ministry of Interior of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Tehran, Iran.
• Talk Girls’ rights in the Iranian law, Seminar on the rights of women under Iranian law. University of Kashan, Iran.
• Talk The rights of girls: law and practice, UNICEF Workshop on children rights, Qeshm, Iran.
• Organizer, Women’s right to self-defense against Sexual Harassment & Rape, Raahi Institute, Iran.
Awareness raising talks for different social groups like women, journalists and human rights activists in different cities of Tehran, Rasht, Qom, Hamedan, Tabriz (Iran) on Achieving equal rights in marriage through postnuptial agreement, Gender discriminatory provisions in Iranian law and The rights of the accused in political cases.
Board Member, Take Sarzamine Man Association (child labor, street children), Tehran, Iran.
Campaign One Million Signatures for the Repeal of Discriminatory Laws against women.
Member of the Association for Child Protection, Tehran, Iran.
Honors & Awards
• Tuition Grant from University College Dublin, 2015.
• Research Grant from Universities Ireland Foundation, 2015.
• Research Grant from Protection Project at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), 2014.